Welcome To Our Website
We are excited!UpdatedFriday July 20, 2018 byWatertown-Belmont Youth Football.
Watertown Belmont Youth Football & Cheer (WBYFC) is a member of the Commonwealth Youth Football Conference, which plays under the national organization of American Youth Football (AYF). WBYFC promotes teamwork, athletic skills, and fun for 1st through 8th grade boys and girls in Belmont and Watertown.
Principles of American Youth Football (AYF)
• Everyone gets to play — equal opportunity for all to play football and cheer
• No weight limits
• Teams structured by grades
• No moving players up or down based an age/weight
• Play and compete with your peers
• Stick together with your friends
• Learn and improve the fundamental skills of football or cheerleading
1st/2nd grade — Flag
3rd/4th grade — Crusaders
5th/6th grade — Spartans
7th/8th grade — Gladiators
The teams play an 8-game schedule. Flag teams are non-competitive, instructional divisions with coaches on the field teaching the game. All other teams compete for a spot in playoffs and a chance to play in the Superbowl against the Northeast Youth Football Conference. Cheerleading teams include athletes from 1st through 8th grade and compete at conference championships and various competitions in Massachusetts in addition to cheering at the football games.
The league outfits each football player with practice and game uniforms, helmet, and pads (shoulder and knee pads, rib pads upon request). Players are responsible to purchase their own cleats, girdle/cup, mouthguards, and socks.
Cheerleaders are issued skirts and shells. Bows, shoes, and other uniform elements are purchased by the participant.
Athlete safety is our top priority. We do everything we can to ensure player safety, including:
• Instruction emphasizing fundamentals and techniques to reduce injury
• Helmets reconditioned each year and replaced every five years
• Careful helmet fitting
• Free baseline testing conducted by Excel Orthopaedic Specialists of Woburn
• All football and cheer coaches receive training in their respective sport and are certified in concussion protocol
• Certified EMT/Trainer at each game to treat and assess any injuries experienced on game day
Football practices typically begin the second week of August and run from Monday – Thursday 6 to 8 pm at Moxley Field until the beginning of school. At which time, each team will be given a specific practice and game schedule with field location.
Cheerleading practice follows the same schedule/location in August. After Labor Day, the schedule varies based on available facilities within the Watertown area. Each team will be given a specific practice and game schedule with field location.
*All games are held on Sunday's
9:00 am Flag
10:30 am Crusader
12:00 pm Spartan
1:30 pm Gladiator
Home games are played at Victory Field, Orchard St., Watertown.